Purple Ribbon Video Contest Rules
Please read these rules (the “Contest Rules”) carefully. If you do not agree to the terms of this contest, you should not enter or otherwise participate in the contest.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or to win, nor is there any cost to register. Making a purchase does not increase your chances of winning. This promotional contest is open to youth in AgStar Financial Services, ACA’s local service area (LSA) involved in 4-H, FFA and open class. AgStar’s LSA includes:
Minnesota Counties: Aitkin, Anoka, Benton, Blue Earth, Brown, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chisago, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kanabec, Lake, LeSueur, Martin, McLeod, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pine, Pipestone, Ramsey, Rice, Rock, Scott, Sherburne, Sibley, St. Louis, Stearns, Steele, Todd, Wabasha, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Winona and Wright.
Wisconsin Counties: Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Iron, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix and Washburn.
- Youth must be at least 14 years old and cannot be over 21 years of age. Contestants will be divided into three groups:
a. Ages 14-15
b. Ages 16-18
c. Ages 19-21
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- This contest is offered by AgStar Financial Services, ACA (“AgStar”). AgStar reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest if necessary for any reason, including without limitation, technical reasons including computer viruses.
- The Entrant is deemed to be the holder of the established email account associated with the entry.
- The Contest Entry Period opens 12:00 am, Central Daylight Time, on April 7, 2014 and closes at 11:59 pm, Central Daylight Time, on July 21, 2014
- The Contest Voting Period opens 12:00 am, Central Daylight Time, on July 22, 2014 and closes at 11:59 pm, Central Daylight Time, on July 31, 2014.
- The contest has one category: Video. To enter, submit your video during the Contest Entry Period. Videos must not be longer than two minutes in length. Winners may be required to provide the original audio and video files, including stock footage used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music, and effects. Once uploaded, submissions will not be returned.
- AgStar assumes no liability for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or for any problem with internet connection or technical problems that might hinder the ability of any person to enter the contest. Once submitted and approved, contest entries may not be altered or replaced. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
- To be a “qualifying entry,” the entry must be in the appropriate format, submitted on time, and in compliance with Federal Communication Commission broadcast requirements. Additionally, AgStar has the right to disqualify any entry that AgStar, in its sole discretion, determines is obscene, indecent, profane, defamatory, derogatory, offensive, is in violation of any laws (including laws relating to false advertising or unfair trade practices), or in any way does not reflect the ideals and principles of AgStar as an organization.
- Entry content should demonstrate how entrants “Stands Up for Agriculture” by showcasing their passion, whether it is for crops, livestock, precision ag or anything in between. They should also strive to introduce consumers to a face behind the business of farming to help them connect with the people who feed the world. Youth are asked to highlight either the importance of agriculture or its impact to the world for non-agriculture audience in the video.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as he or she would like, and each video will be counted as a unique entry. However, only one prize will be awarded per person, household, group, or email address.
- If a group wishes to submit an entry, the group must designate a single person to act as an agent for the group, and the group will be considered the Entrant. AgStar is not responsible for any disputes between members of any group that enters this contest.
- Videos must be primarily in English or include professionally translated English subtitles.
- Acceptance of an entry or publication of an entry on its web site does not constitute AgStar’s agreement that the entry complies with the contest’s Official Rules or act in any way to waive AgStar’s rights to remove the entry from the contest or waive its rights to enforce the contest’s Official Rules.
Selection of Winners:
- By submitting the entry, Entrant represents and warrants that the video and all content in the video (the “Work”) is Entrant’s own, original, un-published work (this includes any script and soundtrack included in videos) or that the Entrant has obtained all necessary executed licenses and releases to use the works of third-parties. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Work has not won any other award and has not been produced for a prior showman contest or any other contest, contract, or agreement with any other party. Entrant represents and warrants that he, she, or it will obtain all necessary licenses and releases for all the material found in the Work. At the request of AgStar, the Entrant will provide AgStar all documents evidencing the Entrant’s ownership of all elements of the Work, including any executed licenses and releases.
- By submitting Works, Entrant is assigning to AgStar all rights in the Works, knowing the ideas may be used for commercial purposes. Entrant hereby assigns to AgStar without further consideration all of Entrant’s worldwide right, title, and interest in and to the Works, whether created before or after the date of this Contest, including, without limitation, the right to publish, produce, reproduce, and distribute copies of the Works, the right to prepare derivative works, and the right to display and perform the Works by any means for the entire term of the copyright and any renewals thereof. The Entrant retains no rights in the Work.
- Entrant warrants that the Works does not violate or infringe any copyright or other proprietary right of any third party. Entrant will defend, indemnify and hold AgStar, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any claims that the Work infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any third party.
- There will be one winner from each age group based on popular vote on the web site during the Contest Voting Period. The winning entries will be posted online at AgStar.com on August 25, 2014.
- Each person is limited to one (1) account and one (1) vote per submission per day. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by an Entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by AgStar in its sole discretion, shall give AgStar the right to disqualify the Entrant.
- Winners will be notified via email. All Entrants are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion of release forms. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if an Entrant cannot be verified, or if an Entrant is otherwise unable to accept prize, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Entrant in AgStar’s sole discretion.
- A total of three (3) scholarships will be awarded: the highest rated qualifying entries in each age group. The total value of all scholarships is: $3,000. The scholarship will be split evenly, $1,000 rewarded to each age group.
- Checks will be sent to the contest winners of the two oldest groups. The $1,000 scholarship will be used as a savings bond for the wining contestant from the youngest group. Scholarships are not transferrable.
- By submitting the entry, Entrant agrees and hereby releases AgStar and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, officers and directors from any and all liability or responsibility arising in connection with Entrant’s participation in the contest or as to the acceptance and use of any prize(s) which may be awarded.
- AgStar assumes no responsibility for entries unable to be processed for any technical reason and further reserves the right to cancel the contest if it becomes technically corrupted or because of unauthorized human intervention. AgStar reserves the right in the event of such cancellation to award the prize to an eligible, non-suspect entry received prior to cancellation.
- Entrant agrees that entry into the Contest constitutes permission for AgStar to have the option of using the name, hometown, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements of the Entrant and any persons featured in Entrant’s entry. Such use will be without compensation and may be for editorial, public relations, promotional, or advertising purposes, or any other purpose as deemed reasonable by AgStar. Entrant agrees to maintain a record of all persons appearing in his/her entries, and will require all persons appearing to permit AgStar to use their names, hometowns, likenesses, photographs, voices, and statements without compensation or consideration for editorial, public relations, promotional or advertising purposes, or any other purpose as deemed reasonable by AgStar. AgStar may request documentation of such permission and failure to provide such documentation will result in forfeiture of any winner status and/or prize.
- Entrant will defend, indemnify and hold AgStar, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of this Agreement, and agrees that AgStar will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, or damages due to Entrant’s acts, omissions, or breaches of these terms. In no event will AgStar be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to Entrant’s participation in this contest.
- Entrant is responsible for all applicable taxes, and appropriate tax identification information may be required prior to the awarding of any prize.
- Employees of AgStar and contest sponsors and their immediate families (parents and children) are not eligible to participate in the contest. Marketing and advertising firms currently under contract with AgStar are not eligible to participate in the contest, although they may submit sample entries for demonstration or promotional purposes only.
- The Contest Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of this contest will be resolved in the state and federal courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and all parties consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- By submitting the entry, Entrant is representing and warranting that they have obtained all required consents to enter the contest subject to all rules of the contest, including but not limited to, parental consent, if required.
- This contest is offered by: AgStar Financial Services, ACA, 1921 Premier Drive, Mankato, MN 56001.
By entering this contest, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to the Contest Rules.