Nobody takes your online security more seriously than AgStar. That’s why we are implementing a service known in the banking industry as Out-of-Band-Authentication (OOBA). OOBA is designed to thwart a specific fraud attack known as Machine-in-the-Middle (MITM) or Machine-in-the-Browser (MITB) attacks. OOBA adds another layer to our iBank security.
As an AgStar iBank user, you will now be required to confirm profile changes or financial transactions with a One Time Pin (OTP) sent to your email account, phone number or through a text message. By using OOBA, you as an AgStar iBank client are further protected, knowing no transaction will be processed without entering the OTP sent to you from our iBank system. This applies to all wires and profile changes, as well as transactions moving money into and out of AgStar accounts. OOBA requires users to enroll, set up and confirm OTP delivery methods.
Here’s how it works:
- AgStar will pre-populate the field with the email address we have on file for you.
- OTPs will be sent to the email address.
- AgStar will pre-populate the field with the number we have on file for you.
- If we have no phone number on file, you will be prompted to enter the number in the enrollment process.
- OTPs will be delivered via automated voice message to this phone number.
- AgStar will pre-populate the mobile number if we have one on file for you.
- OTPS will be sent via text message to the mobile number populated.
- Texts sent to mobile numbers will incur typical carrier charges for text messaging services.