From supporting programs that keep county fair buildings in good repair to awarding grant dollars to help rural Emergency Services teams keep residents safe, at AgStar we believe giving back is the best investment for the future of agriculture and rural America.
In 2001 the AgStar Fund for Rural America was created. Since its inception this corporate giving program has donated over $4 million to organizations in rural communities that work to improve quality of life through education, technology or the environment. Through the Fund, we work hard to identify and invest in opportunities for rural residents and communities where our clients live. Some examples where we are giving back include:
- General-use grants - Project or program support, technical assistance, general operating support or equipment
- Agriculture Education & Classroom Equipment grants- iPads, welders, computers, greenhouse updates, hand tools, microscopes
- County Fair Facility Upgrade grants - 4-H food stand updates, new cement, electrical updates, new shingles
- Emergency Response Equipment grants - Rescue helmets, AED, portable radios, turnout gear, fire hoses, grain bin rescue kit
- High School Seniors scholarships
- AgStar Scholars program
- Rural Feasibility Study grants
How to Apply:
Who Can Apply? – Our giving programs are concentrated in our Local Service Area.
Applications – Those who meet our guidelines and criteria are encouraged to apply online for the AgStar Fund General-use, Ag in the Classroom, County Fair Facility Upgrade and Emergency Response Equipment grants.
Printable applications are available for the Rural Feasibility Study Grant, High School Senior Scholarship and AgStar Scholars programs.
AgStar Fund 2013 Annual Report [PDF]
To find out more about the AgStar Fund for Rural America, contact Melanie Olson. Email Melanie.Olson@AgStar.com or call 952-997-1255.