Crop Hail Insurance
Crop hail insurance provides coverage against loss of crops due to hail. In just a matter of minutes, a crop can be severely damaged by hail. Hail is the most common weather condition that can threaten your crops and your livelihood. It can wipe out part of a field, damage a few acres here and there or devastate an entire crop. Crop hail insurance is a helpful option that can supplement your multi-peril crop insurance policy.
Why Choose AgStar Crop Hail Insurance?
- Our experienced specialists will come to your farm to discuss options and lay out a plan—or, if it is urgent, we can even handle policy enrollment over the phone.
- We work with multiple insurance companies to offer you a variety of options. We will help you choose the policy that is right for you.
- Enrollment can take place any time prior to the event. Some companies will allow immediate coverage once enrollment is received while others require a window of two hours or more before coverage takes effect. AgStar knows the policies and can guide you to the option that is right for you.
- You can choose a basic crop insurance coverage plan that does not have a deductible, or you can lower your premiums with a higher deductible plan.
- Losses are paid based on the percentage of the lost crop potential.
- Crop insurance coverage includes a “replant option” for additional costs associated with replanting a damaged crop.
- Premium rates are determined by township (Minnesota) or county (Wisconsin).
- Crop insurance coverage is provided per acre, so loss is paid on the acres damaged, even if there is no damage to the balance of acres in a field.
- You have the flexibility to insure only certain crops and/or certain locations, and you determine the amount of coverage per crop and location.
- You’ll always have access to our knowledgeable sales and service team to answers your questions and help with paperwork.
Find out more about Crop Hail Insurance. Contact Us or call 1-866-577-1831. Find out more information on our other insurance offerings.